Development of dual education
Analysis of legislation on the development of dual education in primary and secondary vocational education in the Kyrgyz Republic in the framework of the Program "Governance in Action" / Program to Assist the Jogorku Kenesh of the Kyrgyz Republic (S2JK)
In 2019, the EdNet agency, within the framework of the Governance in Action program / the Program to Assist the Jogorku Kenesh of the Kyrgyz Republic (S2JK), implemented by Palladium, conducted an analysis of the legislation and prepared recommendations for amending the laws regulating the vocational education sector to improve the relationship of business and vocational education, and the introduction of dual training; and will also analyze the opportunities for the development and implementation of dual education in the Kyrgyz Republic
The main tasks of the EdNet Agency within the framework of the terms of reference:
- Consideration of gaps in laws governing the activities of vocational education and related to the interaction between business and vocational education;
- Development of recommendations for amendments to laws and regulations governing the vocational education sector to improve the relationship between business and vocational education;
- Analysis of opportunities for the development and implementation of dual education in the Kyrgyz Republic;
- Development of proposals and recommendations for the introduction of dual education in the Kyrgyz Republic.
To achieve the set goals, the Agency worked closely with business associations, including the Chamber of Commerce and Industry, educational institutions, and other stakeholders.
To achieve the tasks set in the terms of reference, the experts of the Ednet Agency were:
- Studied international practices of interaction between business and vocational education, and the benefits of introducing dual training;
- Meetings were held with stakeholders on the development of dual education;
- Studied strategies and programs for the development of vocational education, as well as dual training;
- An inventory of existing legal acts and departmental acts regulating the activities of vocational education related to the interaction between business and vocational education was carried out;
- Recommendations have been developed for amending laws and drafting legal acts to improve the interaction between business and vocational education;
- An analysis was made of the possibilities for the development and implementation of dual education in the Kyrgyz Republic;
Based on the results of the work carried out, the EdNet Agency prepared a detailed report on the analysis of legal acts, developed recommendations in the form of wording for the draft law being developed to change the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic to strengthen the interaction between vocational education and employers to develop dual training, and submitted to Palladium for further joint work with the Jogorku Kenesh of the Kyrgyz Republic.
About the program implemented by Palladium: Through politically flexible program activities, the Governance in Action/S2JK program implemented by Palladium promoted inclusive economic growth in Kyrgyzstan. Palladium, in close cooperation with the Parliament of Kyrgyzstan, non-state actors, and the government, works to address the challenges that hinder inclusive economic growth.
During 2018-2019, with the support of the Assistance Program to the Jogorku Kenesh of the Kyrgyz Republic, several round tables and meetings were organized, where the participants were representatives of universities, businesses, government agencies, and international organizations. One of the main problems hindering the development of business, voiced by the participants, was the lack of mechanisms for close interaction between business and educational institutions that train specialists.
On June 12, 2019, the Assistance Program of the Jogorku Kenesh of the Kyrgyz Republic initiated a meeting of the working group, which identified priority tasks and next steps to improve the relationship between business and vocational education.
"Integrating sustainable development into the education system of Kyrgyzstan and strengthening international cooperation"
“Quality education for sustainable development through ICT approaches in Central Asia: Kyrgyzstan”
"Education for sustainable development in the period up to 2030"
Competition "INNOVATIVE IDEAS AMONG UNIVERSITIES OF KYRGYZSTAN".